Sunday, November 26, 2006

Anne came for the weekend and Manuel's a Father


Manuel and Daniela. Father and daughter.

Sunday lunch. Gaby, Manuel, Paola, Eladio, me, Anne

Graciela, Anne and I at Dantxari

Eladio and his tripe (callos)

Hi
Friday brought me my darling Finnish friend Anne, ex Nokia colleague and boss, for the weekend. We hadn’t seen each other since the Summer and had a lot of catching up to do. We have spent the weekend so far in a very family way. Friday was lunch together and on Saturday morning she went with Eladio and I to a fabric shop to order some fabrics for my Mother-in-law’s room plus our own room. She was a great help and inspiration, specially as she’s in to interior decoration and I am certainly not.

On Saturday evening we went out for dinner with Graciela – the ex Advertising Manager from Nokia and spent the most of the evening bitching about our time there – poor Eladio got a bit fed up. The restaurant, Dantxari, off Plaza España, had been recommended to me by Julio and I must say we all gave it 9/10. The food was Basque and had all the typical Spanish fare that Anne so loves and Eladio too, cos he couldn’t choose between pig’s trotters, tripe or ox tail!! In the end he ate tripe – revolting for me as a Brit but a delicacy for a lot of Spaniards.

Sunday being Sunday, we prepared a roast – roast beef, Yorkshire pudding and all the trimmings. We were 8 for lunch as Manuel and Paola came with their sweet little baby Daniela. She behaved perfectly and didn’t cry once. Ana Valdivieso came for coffee – another ex Nokia who is now in HP and is their legal counsel. Slightly awkward situation as Manuel was Anne’s ex and she and Paola had not met!!

The day was rounded off with our daily walk which we actually subjected Anne to every day of her stay. But she never complained.

That’s about my news for this weekend.

Cheers/Masha

No comments: